Shirley Manson, Lita Ford and Esperanza Spalding have been named among the honorees for The 2017 She Rocks Awards, it was announced.
Presented for the fifth year by The Women’s International Music Network, the event pays tribute to women in the music industry and will take place on Jan. 20, 2017 at 7 p.m. at the Anaheim Hilton Hotel during the NAMM Show.
The 2017 She Rocks Awards recipients include:
• Monique Boyer, global artist relations at M.A.C. Cosmetics
• Rebecca Eaddy, marketing communications for Roland Corporation U.S.
• Lita Ford, legendary rock guitarist, vocalist and songwriter
• Beverly Fowler, director of artist relations and events at PRS Guitars
• Lisa Foxx, radio personality at MYfm on the iHeartRadio network
• Charyn Harris, conductor of music programs at A Place Called Home
• Karrie Keyes, founder of Soundgirls and sound engineer for Pearl Jam
• Tracy Leenman, owner of Musical Innovations music retailer
• Dani Markman, director, A and R, Disney Music Group
• Shirley Manson, lead singer from multi-award winning band, Garbage
• Esperanza Spalding, GRAMMY-winning bass player, singer/songwriter
• Leanne Summers, president/CEO of LAWIM (Los Angeles Women in Music)
“We are excited to recognize our 2017 honorees, who come from diverse areas of our industry,” said the WiMN founder, Laura B. Whitmore. “Each has made her contributions in her own, unique way, inspiring and energizing others. We look forward to honoring them all and sharing this celebration of women in music.”
In addition, the She Rocks Awards will host the album release of She Rocks Vol 1, A Collection of Kick-Ass Guitar Goddesses, a compilation of eleven virtuoso female guitarists produced by Brad Tolinksi and released on Steve Vai’s Favored Nations label. Performances from the artists on the CD will be included in the program.
The She Rocks Awards will open with a performance by Brandy Robinson, winner of the #SaveAGuitar opening act contest. The house band for the show, Rock Sugah, is led by bassist Divinity Roxx and features Kat Dyson on guitar, Benita Lewis on drums and Lynette Williams on keys.
Gearing up for its fifth consecutive year, the She Rocks Awards pays tribute to women who display leadership and stand out within the music industry, and has become a standard at the NAMM Show. Previous award recipients include female industry leaders such as Chaka Khan, Jennifer Batten, Karmin, Colbie Caillat, Sheila E, The Bangles, Orianthi, Dinah Gretsch, Craigie Zildjian, Janie L. Hendrix, Amani Duncan, Mary Peavey, and more.
With featured performances, food and beverages, giveaways, networking opportunities and more, the She Rocks Awards brings together industry professionals, music icons, artists, fans, and media to celebrate women in music.
This event has sold out for the past four years and does not require a NAMM badge to attend.
The 2017 She Rocks Awards is sponsored by Neumann, Gretsch, Seymour Duncan, Avid, PRS Guitars, Roland, #SaveAGuitar, Breedlove, Zildjian, Guitar Center, Casio, 108 Rock Star Guitars, Sabian, Linear Integrated Systems, Schecter Guitars, Gator Cases, Berklee College of Music, The Music People, LAWIM, Music Inc., Music & Sound Retailer, Music-News.com, Premier Guitar, Guitar World, Guitar Player, Keyboard, Bass Player, Electronic Musician, and more.